Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

Is a friendship between a 15-year-old and a 20-year-old possible?

To me that's a little complicated. The friend I have now is about 11 years and 3 months younger than me. But I just met her in November, we're both adults, and shes more mature than me. So thinking of our age difference when I was 20 she would have been 8 or 9 depending on what part of the year. So big difference. If we had met at those ages, not sure we would have become friends. But since we met as adults it was easier. And Honestly no one would know we're that far part in age unless they ask us both how old we are. We both look pretty young. With that being said even though you guys are only 5 years apart some may look at you funny since one of you is a minor and one is not, esp if its obvious. But I always day who cares what others think. Like others said, friendship yes, may have to just be ready for weird looks/people's opinions in something that doesn't concern them.

By friendship I will assume platonic friends, male or female!  Yes it is possible.  I have friends who are in thire 80's and friends who are in their teens.  I stand in the middle. 

Like mind people will always find friends with other like minds, age does not realily matter when you think alike.  Age is physical, soul does not age .  Soul is as old as you feel mentaly.  Even if it is the other kind of friendship, It is not impossible (It is, not not advisalble), but you need to grow up mentally in order to truly understand and handle such a (Physical) relationship.

Yes, it is.  When I was 19, I was friends with a 15-year-old.  I was also friends with a 14-year-old when I was 22.  Friendship should know no boundaries of age, race, gender, address, religion, or political affiliation.  You can be friends with whoever wants to be friends with you.  It doesn't matter if two friends are: 15 and 75, Swedish white and Kenyan black, male and female, in the U.S. and in China, Jewish and Muslim, or far-left and far-right.  Friendship knows no boundaries.

• Raja

It is always possible but avoid getting romantically involved ,there is time for you because you are only 15.

• Alan H

Friendship?   Yes.

More than that?   No way 

Yeah it’s possible. If your alive a relationship is possible. However is it appropriate depends heavily on the circumstances, but many may find the friendship odd especially if you are of the opposite sex. I was friends with a 18 year old when I was 15. We were both males and are relationship was almost entirely athletics related. So yes we were friends despite the fact he was technically an adult and I was still a few years away and no one thought anything of it because it was like a mentor situation.

It's possible but it's inappropriate. A fifteen year old girl barely knows her way around the bathroom.

• Jerry

Of course it is, but that's not what. you're really asking, is it?

sure as long as theyre just friends, they cant be dating

• Piero

Yes. As long as the 20 year old is a pedophile.