Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

If a bench warrant is issued on my behalf due to not being able to make it to a hearing, what am I facing? I am in poor health.?

If a bench warrant is issued on my behalf due to not being able to make it to a hearing, what am I facing? I am in poor health. On Medical Equipment, Under the care of a team of Physicians. Being accused of aggravated misdemeanor in the 4th. I can Prove my innocence.

You're facing jail, poor health or not.

• PAMELA

You have to tell the court why you cannot attend, unless you are very seriously ill you will have to attend.

i would ask a lawyer about it

You are facing arrest for the violation "failure to appear", in addition to whatever the original problem was. Don't open your door when somebody knocks until you're sure they are not police.

A bench warrant means you won't have to worry about transportation to the Courthouse OR room and board for a day - or many days.

The Police will take care of both issues.

• Nancy

Arrest is what you're facing. What else do you think "bench warrant" means?