Can this YouTube video earn me a copyright infringement charge (see details)?

There is a certain horror film that came out a few years back. I want to make a humorous commentary on the film by pointing out unintentionally "scary" things in the movie. My premise is the movie isn't all that scary. Anyway, I want to focus on "phantom faces" that appear in objects, clouds or fire in the film. To do this, I will be using cropped still images obtained from the film. Some of the images will be really zoomed in on objects in the background. Can this still earn me a copyright infringement charge?

Using any copyrighted material on YouTube is already risky. You could have your video consist of 1% of copyrighted material and the holders will take all the revenue from it. You could try panning the zoomed in image to the side of the screen and then filling the rest of the screen with a weird background in attempt to cheat the system, but it's not failproof.

Yes. You are talking about using material from the film.

That's if whoever has the rights to the movie will file a claim.