Is this common for someone with aspergers? ?

I once had a friend who had aspergers who hated being wrong and would correct someone if he was accused of it. Someone who was critical of everything. Someone who was a perfectionist. Someone who was always pictured as being arrogant when people said it was just his character. He admitted to me in the end he wasn’t perfect or mature enough back then but I do think he’d be different if he didn’t have the AS.

I'm going anon for this because I am relentlessly upbeat with the aspergers people in my real life and I know they won't understand, and definitely not recognize it in themselves when I agree with you 100%.  It can be extremely tiresome.  I know it's tiresome for them too and I know it's a trait which gets exaggerated in order to build up their self esteem, but Jesus, have you ever spent any time watching their forums where they "theorize" about us "normies"?  It's not a nice place.  I have to admit that toward the of the 18 months I had a direct report at the lower high-functioning end of the spectrum I was thinking thoughts about putting children down as soon as they start showing traits and I hated who I was becoming.  It was all the more galling because this person was completely oblivious to what they were doing to the workplace.

• GenuineGuy2 months agoReport

Looks like we may know the same person. 

Pray to GOD and ask GOD about this question.  We do not know. 

Nope but it is with aholes.