Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

Friend cut me out after meeting a guy?

I had a friend who I met online.  We hung around together off and on for years but texted a lot.  We did fool around a few times, but she was interested in something more, and I wasn’t.  We maintained our friendship though, even though I left town.   We texted all the time.

Out texts were innocent fun, maybe a little PG13 but nothing serious, and I never led her on.  At one point, she stopped responding for a while, but started again.  I later found out that she had been dating a guy at that point.

A few months back, she started dating another guy.  Her texts became less frequent.   I asked her to hang out a few weeks later (I was in town),  but she said no, she has a bf.  I said that I meant as friends, but didn’t get a response.

I really miss texting/hanging out with her.  Is the friendship over?  Should I wait a few months and ask how she is, then gauge her reaction?

Update:

I’m thinking either her new bf knows our history and didn’t feel comfortable or she was only being my friend hoping I’d change my mind about dating her.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Thats how people in relationships roll. Just cut them out if they won't give your time of day over their partner!

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.