Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Are there ex-born again Christians out there who’ve never gone back to their faith?

I’m asking here to prove a point since my family believes that one always comes back once they’re born again, even if they left.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Carym
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

I personally know of some born again Christians who now have taken different directions and different religions. I also know of a few here on this forum.   Just more proof that the Bible is 100% accurate... 

"The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith---{not their faith, The Faith}---and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. Influenced by the hypocrisy of liars, whose consciences are seared with a hot iron." [1 Timothy 4:1-2]

EDIT: Backsliders can return to God --- what is most important is how we finish. But when we abandon the True Faith; when we submit to a totally different faith, we are in fact worshipping another God (though it may not seem so) [Hebrews 6:6]

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

That is not true. People don't lose their free will after being born again and can walk away from their faith. Either that or the writer of Hebrews didn't know what he was talking about.

Heb 6:4-6 For it is impossible, in the case of those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, and have shared in the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the age to come, and then have fallen away, to restore them again to repentance, since they are crucifying once again the Son of God to their own harm and holding him up to contempt.

• 2 months ago

Scriptures plainly talks about the Great Falling Away. When they Fall Away, they do not return.

True Christians will NOT fall away from the Faith, but these are so rare it is like one out of two hundred thousand professing Christians.

• 2 months ago

You and your family should stop parroting pastors.

Pastors are insane morons.

~

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Doug
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Nowhere does the Bible teach the false doctrine of the "perseverance of the saints" (which is the fifth point of Calvinism). The Bible instead teaches preservation of the saints. Anyone who has ever placed their faith in Jesus Christ for eternal life has already passed from death unto life (John 5:24). There is absolutely nothing that can cause them to lose eternal life. However, one who overthrows their faith will be ashamed at Christ's coming (1 John 2:28) and forfeit eternal rewards in heaven (1 Cor. 3:9-15).

Because we have all sinned against a perfectly holy and righteous God, we all deserve eternal separation from God in hell (Rom. 6:23). However, God loves us so much that He sent His only Son Jesus to die on the cross as our Substitute so we don't have to go to hell. Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose from the grave three days later (1 Cor. 15:3-4). He gives eternal life freely to anyone who simply believes in Him for it. No one can be saved by doing good works. Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone (Eph. 2:8-9).

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (John 6:47).

• ...Show all comments
    • OSAS is a lie from the pits of Hell, and many professing Christians will suffer in the end because they refused to believe the prophets who told them that OSAS is a lie.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

There are some people who've tried Christianity and didnt like it or couldnt manage it. But they werent genuinely born again. Once truly born, we cannot become unborn. 

1Jo 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

Heb 6:4 ¶ For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

Heb 6:5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, 

Heb 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

I've seen one person in all my time here who manned up and admitted that he wishes he could be a Christian, but that he just couldnt manage the Christian life. 

• ...Show all comments
    • However a persons name can be blotted out of the Book of Life. Not forgiving someone. Hating someone. living in wicked sin. Not DOING what Jesus Commanded, NOt Loving One Another. This generation does greatly error believing in OSAS.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.