Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Why does God hate witchcraft? Why can't humans have magical powers? Why do we have to be powerless?

Witchcraft is a form of idolatry. In the OT, it was a real phenomenon. The witch of Endor brought Samuel back from the grave so Saul could consult with him. God had abandoned Saul. Satan was the force that made that possible.

Today, witches/witchcraft have no such supernatural assistance. Satan was cast into the lake of fire a very long time. And no human has supernatural powers on his own. 

The first century AD Pharisees accused Jesus of working with Satan in performing his miracles. That constituted blasphemy. 

• Archer

Read the books man has written about the many gods and realize that the gods fear mankind's capabilities.

"magical" powers? We don't need witchcraft. Satan was defeated almost 2,000 years ago and we HAVE all power and authority.

Luke 10:19 Behold, I [Yeshua speaking] have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions [the demonic], and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you.

John 14:12-14 Truly, truly, I [Yeshua speaking] say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father. Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.

• It's strange that out of 45 million Alzheimer's patients in the world,  not one will recover as the result of prayer.   If I had your powers, I'd waste zero time online. 

Witchcraft is evil which is why witches need to be burnt at the stake.

Those are black arts, even white since there is no white.

Surely I have power, to do goo, uplift. 

Just not power to destroy. 

Always someone does you wrong and you want to do something about it. 

God thinks witchcraft is a bunch of obese teenagers trying to be cool.  Or, in some cases, middle-aged obese people.