Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 2 months ago

Would you want the difference to be split?

Father has two houses fully paid off. Son is getting 850k house and daughter is getting 600k house. Daughter wants the difference to be split.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Just because your father owns two houses does NOT mean they are BOTH worth the same amount.  It's obvious one house is worth $850,000 and the other is worth $600,000.  The daughter is STUPID.

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Daughter is stupid AND greedy. Father doesn't owe her anything and could will the house to a charity, or anyone else, without leaving her anything.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

What difference? One is WORTH $850K and the other is WORTH $600K--but there is no cash difference because the houses have not been turned INTO cash by selling them. The daughter can want many things, but she has been GIVEN something for free and it's not hers estate that owns the houses. The owner can do anything he wants with them, including giving them to his children, or selling and giving them the money, and so on--but until both houses are sold and turned into cash, there isn't a difference TO split. 

• 2 months ago

It is NOT about what the kids want.  It is not their property to determine any part of what will be theirs.  It is their father's decision.  But, personally, if both kids have treated their father well over the years, and growing up, the father should want them treated equally in death.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience.
    • Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Yes, although nobody said "in death".

• 2 months ago

If the dad is ok with that, then sure.  I think giving away these houses to his children for noting is a really bad idea to start with but if he is ok doing that then he probably should evenit out somehow.  Maybe he could say no to the split but give her an extra 250k in his will? Anyhow, its dad's call.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

What daughter wants is irrelevant. dad can do whatever he wants.

• 2 months ago

Maybe, but it's my dad's stuff and it's his decision who gets what.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

She should respect the wishes of her father. Her attitude smacks of greed.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I don't care either way.  It's not my money, not my house, not my father, not my anything.  What the father wants (or wanted and said in his will) is all that matters.

• Rick B
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

They should both be very happy that they are getting a home handed to them. How ridiculously ungrateful.

No, the son should not have to come up with $100K+ and give it to the daughter.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

That is one rich father

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.