Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 2 months ago

Am I gonna get mean looks for wearing a mask at the doctors office? ?

Yes, it is because the coronavirus, I would rather wear a dumb looking mask than catch anything at all, including common cold or flu, but will the patients in the waiting room and doctor have a problem with it? I can see it already “take the mask off, your not gonna get coronavirus” and Everyone acting like I’m being a diva by keeping myself safe 

Just point out that medical staff are always carriers.

You are not keeping yourself safe with a mask. The mask does almost nothing to stop ingesting virus and bacteria from other people although it may protect other people from your virus or bacteria.

It's fairly common to see people who feel ill wearing masks in the waiting room. The flu is making a second swing through the US, and of course there are colds and norovirus and all the other usual illnesses around.

If you're wearing one to prevent illness, nobody will be able to tell the reason is ridiculous paranoia.

i don't think so and to be honest with you i'd rather you be wearing a mask if your sick and keep it to yourself.