Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

Does this relationship sound unhealthy?

A 34 year old guy dating a 22 year old that's obsessed with him. 

She made a photo book with their pictures to keep on display at her work for her customers and has an about me section explaining how they met, how long they've been dating, she even put his height in the book lol.

She constantly posts photos of him on her instagram story and says things like "my boyfriend is a model", "I worship him". He has a public album of her hiking with him and 4 of his buddies who are also 34 and she's hiking in a thong and bra....in Vermont on public trails used by families that are not seculded trails but well traveled ones. Photos of his friends walking behind her while she's bending over climbing over a rock in her thong and turns her head back and winks with his friend smiling on the side.

She wanted to move in with him after 3 weeks of dating, she wants them to get a couples tattoo and they adopted a pet together after dating for 2 months.

Is it healthy to be this obsessed?

She's my co-worker and she showed me the book this morning and I felt kinda weirded out.... tbh

• Chanel

If you do not want to get involved then next time she shows you this book just smile, say "that's nice" and look away. If she pursues it then say "I've just seen it".

The other signal you can give is to take out your mobile and pretend you are checking messages.

Then she should get the message that you are not really interested.

If she keeps on then do the same or if you have work to do start doing something.

I had a similar situation once and when it was quiet a person tried to show me a text from her boyfriend and etc etc, Even there was no work to do at that moment I took everything out of my drawer and pretended I was clearing out what needed to stay in the drawer and what needed throwing away. LOL The drawers had never been so tidy.

You could also say the next time she does it "Oh, that's your business".

• LP7

All the superficial attachments but no real love.It's all a cheap show.Perhaps they both need each other to ego trip because they've never been given attention in their childhood.The relationship is not a healthy one.It's like eating junk food diet.

She IS weird and sounds really insecure and as if she thinks her body is the only attribute she has. She sounds dumb as a rock. Is she?

sounds made up.. because of course it does not sound healthy..she is probably driving him crazy...but (i doubt he is a model) and he dont care about anything but the sex

It "Sounds" like she is infatuated with him. Healthy or not, they are together. End of story until there status changes.

sounds like they are made for each other---but...ewwwwwwwww…..they are grossly immature....

She's young. I've no clue what their relationship is like. She doesn't like wearing much clothing and she loves posing for a camera. Other than that? No clue. She sounds very young. I hope she survives this without lasting damage but that doesn't mean that HE is damaging her!

It seems pretty great as it is.

I wish them luck.

If they are both ok with this behavior then it really isn't anybody else's business.