What is the best state to live in for an adult just starting out on their own?

I want to live on my own but somewhere warm, affordable and no crime.

Any place that has palm trees these days has crime. Not many Americans know that the Mohave desert in California ends in southern Washington state. This corridor has some opportunity with small and mid-sized towns and warm weather. Limited crime. Personally I'd apply at the Tesla Gigafactory in Sparks, NV.

well probably florida ir Texas, California costs a lot.

There is crime everywhere.

Where you live depends on where you can find work to support yourself.

I have heard that dozens of people like to travel to Florida where I'm from now for the hoildays  or spring break because of the warm climate! These people enjoy staying here or would move here. They could as long as it's safe and affordable for them and their lifestyle! This is if they are relocating for a job,away for college, beginning a new chapter in their life or starting a family. It's a great 

opportunity!.

Source(s): Personal insight

There is an old joke that when you look for a girlfriend (or boyfriend) you can find a girl with brain, beauty and personality; but you can only pick 2 of these to have.

If you want warm, affordable and no crime; you may have to pick which 2 of those you really want. All 3 may not be possible.

you could try florida

Most people do not, can not relocate for the reasons mentioned. You need a job, a good rental history and so forth.

Florida