Mrley asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

why does it take forever for my dog to find a place to squat to pee?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

(c/p) Why does my dog take so long to find a place to pee?

Scent Marking & Social Cues Plays a Big Role

When it comes to why dogs take so long to go to the bathroom don't underestimate the role of scent marking. It's an instinctual behavior where dogs deposit their urine or feces to make a statement.May 1, 2019

Why Do Dogs Take So Long to Poop? - Puppy Leakswww.puppyleaks.com › long-to-poop

Search for: Why does my dog take so long to find a place to pee?

All of that was the very first site that came up when I googled your question. Do know about google?

Scents everywhere, so many places to choose from. Which one, which one, which one ???? A dog's sense of smell is very very very acute & sensitive & it is a smorgasbord of wonderful smells.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

Magnetic field alignment, surface preferences, conditioned habit, and communication all have a strong influence on your dog’s elimination preferences. But sometimes, your dog is simply taking her sweet time because she likes being outside.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It’s not like there are toilets outside where they will go each and every single time same spot, they like to smell the ares and see who all has been by using it.  When they feel comfortable about leaving their scent behind they will stop and empty at that time.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

hes just trying to find a good spot

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

He is smelling the markings of other dogs.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.