Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 2 months ago

At what age should a child/children not have to be supervised in the bath? ?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

For a child to be un-supervised in the bath, the child would need to understand and demonstrate first the following things:

1- Ability to 100% wash every area of their body on their own, and without prompting

2- To understand water safety (ie not running around in the bath, rough housing with their sibling if they share a bath, not to touch the water knobs)

3- To be able to climb both in and out of the bath on their own without assistance

4- When they understand what privacy means and they ask for it, but, as long as they can understand and demonstrate points 1 through 3 first.

There really is no set age for a cut off point, some children are more mature at younger age, others not until much older. Some children can have a bath without their parents in the room as young as 5, others, might even be closer to 7 by the time they can fully bath on their own.

My niece who is turning 7 later this spring, she fully showers on her own, and she has been able to bath on her own without supervision since she was about 4. Then again, she has always been mature for her age, and has always had a sense of independence.

My nephews who are turning 5 later this year, they still require full on supervision, and also they still need assistance washing themselves as well. Part of the reason for it, is because they were born 2 months pre-mature, which in some ways, has slowed their development.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Roddy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No child under 7 should be allowed to bath fully unsupervised. It may be ok for a 6 year old to bath without you in the room, but you should have run the water, checking its temperature, and be within earshot.

Boys also need to know and practice cleaning under their foreskin if they've not been circumcised.

A 6 year old may be allowed to shower alone provided the temperature of trhe water is restricted.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yôung fôlk under age I5 devlop @ roughly 

the same rate ignoring any kind of outlier so 

I'd say abou age 5 whn they str schôôl imô!

• 2 months ago

depends more on how mature they are than how old they are

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

its probably more about how mature they are than how old they are

Lv 7
    2 months ago

When he or she doesn't have a soft spot and is able to walk and reach out of the bathtub or shower. I would say about 7 years old.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.