Could I be pregnant?

I got my birth control (nexplanon) out on December 5th of last year. I haven’t gotten my period since taking it out, but I had unprotected sex about 2-3 weeks ago, and again about 4 days ago. The last few days I’ve been very nauseous all day, but haven’t been throwing up. Is it possible I could be pregnant even if I haven’t gotten my period back yet after removing my nexplanon? 

It is possible that you could ovulate and conceive before having a period. That said, there are no symptoms 2 weeks after conception, so your symptoms aren't from pregnancy.  

You wouldn't have any symptoms from a pregnancy this early.  It's still flu season, far more likely to be the flu.

Yes it is possible.

For most women, ovulation triggers a period.  If you don't ovulate, you don't have a period.  (there are exceptions because it is also possible to have a period without ovulation but it is usually the hormone balances that happen because of ovulation that triggers the uterine lining to build and then shed when pregnancy doesn't happen.)

You wouldn't know when ovulation might happen.  You probably won't get your period until ovulation has happened.  If you get pregnant on that first ovulation, you won't get  your period until after the birth of the baby.  

Take a pregnancy test.  If your symptoms are because of pregnancy, the test will be positive.  If the test is negative, then your symptoms are not from pregnancy.  BUT that doesn't mean you aren't pregnant.  It just means that you are not far enough along for pregnancy hormones to be strong enough to cause symptoms.

Take a pregnancy test once per month until you either get a period or get a positive test.  

• Jill

Yes. Ovulation comes before a period so it's possible you ovulated and fertilized the egg before your period arrived. Buy a pregnancy test. 

anything is possible, go see your doctor about it