Alex asked in Social SciencePsychology · 4 months ago

I have depression Should I use drugs to lessen my suffering?

• Will

Take a half dose of psilocybin mushroom and make the most of experience by setting up a happy mood/environment and just plan out what's next in life. You'll feel better in the following days.

You think you need drugs? 

Get something prescribed to you. DON’T USE STREET DRUGS OR ANYTHING ADDICTIVE. You’ll only make things worse. Don’t even take anything that’s used to treat depression without a prescription. Talk to your doctor. 

DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING THAT IS NOT PRESCRIBED TO YOU AND DO NOT OVERDOSE. Take only as much as you are advised. If you feel you need more, talk to your doctor and see if you can up your dosage. Medication can help. But if not used properly, it will only make things worse. And remember, medicine alone won’t help you. Get a therapist or something. Don’t rely solely on medication or you won’t get anywhere. 

Ask a doctor to prescribe you an antidepressant. Don’t self medicate.

No other at all in my opinion

I recommend that you see a doctor for medication. I suggest that you never use illicit substances for your depression because you will have episodes that could be fatal.

Don't it will only make things worse. Resort to self care. Running away from problems never solved them. Practice self compassion. If you're doing through a difficult time, maybe there are people who can help. But I understand being depressed you just don't want to connect so much, sometimes you just want to be alone.

Work on yourself face your problem don't add to it. Look for self help content, change your thinking and stick to your meds.

Here's a start: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1oKurZmH_E

Youtube thumbnail

but listen to people who are deep into this. Go softer not tougher, the world is not cruel. What you look for you find.

I recommend you a book "Journey into now" and a teacher Leonard Jacobson, who helped me very much and maybe can help you also.

• polly

If the mental health professionals that you go to think it's a good idea

only perscription drugs, go see a psychiatrist about it

• LP7

Get yourself diagnosed by a professional if you find you are spiralling down continuously.