Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 month ago

Why do pregnant women constantly talk about being pregnant?

My friend is pregnant and she talks about it every day. I also see the same thing from other women. Yes we get it, you're pregnant. Why talk about it every single day?

• KatieC

Because it’s a huge, life-changing event. If someone gets a new job, they’re going to talk about it all the time. If someone starts dating a new person or gets married or moves to a new place, they’re going to talk about it all the time. 

Personally, I preferred not to talk about it.  I guess I am just a very private person and didn't feel the urge to share every little detail with coworkers or anyone who didn't actually ASK ME first.

So, don't assume that ALL pregnant women constantly talk about being pregnant.  That just isn't true.  Stereo-types rarely are.(and yes - I was married and of an appropriate age to be having a baby with both of my pregnancies - so it wasn't an issue of shame or embarrassment brought on by circumstances of the pregnancy)  

Pregnancy hormones turn their brains to mush.