Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

What does this dog see me as?

My neighbors an older couple, has a 7 month old dog. Lately I have been spending  a lot of time with him. Any time I see him outside, I go play with him. Sometimes we go for a walk. What would I be to him?

I was outside with the dog today. The owner, extremely nice, said that she might have to give him up. She asked me if it comes to it, if I would want him. 

youre his friend to him

A play time friend. Are you training him as well as playing with him? By 7 months he could be already trained in Basic Obedience & learning new things to do.

• Randy1 month agoReport

Fo sho. Sometimes I have him do a few things, while we play. Try to teach him manners, but I don't feel like that isn't my role. He is already decently trained 

Friend. Maybe part of his pack🤣

Yet another human conquest!!   Make sure his owners want you to be doing this however.

• Jojo

At this stage of his life, you are probably just someone who takes him walks and plays with him. I know nothing of how  the dogs owners interact with him and whether or not they train him and also do some walks with him etc. Without more info and knowing the dogs reactions towards you and towards it`s owners I can only `guess` at how the dog views you. 

UPdate: RE-TD, So you want an answer that tells you the dog loves you above all else, and not an answer that is realistic. If you only want answers that you WANT to hear, then you are asking in the wrong place. Dogs, even pups will always put their own welfare first, (unless trained otherwise) and not many dogs, especially young ones of 7 months will turn a walk or some attention down!!  What does it matter how the dog sees you anyway. Its not your dog, so it`s not important. Dogs gravitate towards who they see as a competent leader and WE don`t know if you or the dogs owners are seen as it`s leader. Dogs can have many friends but only one leader. 

Source(s): GSD owner for 57 years.
    • Randy1 month agoReport

Thank you,  that comment was useful. However, a bit of the second half of your delivery must be mistaken. I do not want to hear someone's dog loves me more than the owner. Would I like to be considered part of his pack? Yes. I was just curious on his mentality at his age.

Nothing since you aren't the one feeding it and housing it.

Why are you bothering them and their dog? Are they ASKING you to play with the dog and ASKING you to walk it?

If you want to be around dogs and walk dogs VOLUNTEER at a local shelter.

• patty

another person who is nice to him

You would be his friend.