Anonymous

I get the sense that no one really wants me at my new job. How do I overcome this?

I started a new job Dec 26th. It's a decent job for a college student I guess, however I'm still learning all the computer programs they use and there's so much information to retain that I have a hard time remembering everything(I only work three times a week). I feel as though everyone is annoyed with me at this point, I booked a patient for the wrong time and the doctor was furious with me. We notify the doctor's through an email when a patient arrives, however one doctor likes to be notified by text message..One day I forgot to message him that his patient was there because I running a credit card, scanning and doing a urine drop. Everyday I work I fell like I screw up something, I honestly don't know what to do. It's to the point when I even question going into to work because I feel like I'm going to make someone mad. What should I do? How do I overcome this?

By getting better at your job. Everyone struggles in the beginning to learn the routines and processes.  If you work in a medical practice, you need to understand that the doctors are not going to cut you any slack.  If you make a mistake, they'll be angry.  They will also forget about it.  If you continue to make mistakes on every shift, you'll probably be fired.  If you stop making mistakes because you internalize the processes and remember the routines, you'll be fine.

If you are unable or unwilling to accept responsibility for your mistakes (don't look for an excuse) and or improve, then working in a medical office is not the right place for you.  It's that simple.  Not everyone is suited for every job.  You've got to decide whether or not this is a right job for you. 

Start having planners. My planner has transformed into a journal mainly because looking at it makes me feel like all I do is work. But yes start having planners, and make a habit of looking at it often. The moment someone tells you to do something jot it down, that way you don't forget. You're not a computer, be kind to yourself.

• patty

you are only new and am sure the people there will not be too hard on u