Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

My license was suspended, but I’ve never had a drivers license ?

I got a yield ticket about 2 months ago. The driver had the right of way so I was sent to court. I had just gotten my car. My insurance wasn’t valid since I was with my brothers insurance and he had not paid it, I was with him because it would have been cheaper for me I’m 18 he’s 28. So I went to court and paid all my fees up front(500$) 1 month later I go back and try to take my drivers test and they said I wasn’t able to, they took me to a waiting room where they said if I wanted to take my test I needed to pay 350$. They said my license was suspended, I had NO idea it was suspended, court did not tell me it would be suspended , and I don’t understand why my license is suspended I’d i never had one. This in the state of Oklahoma where it strictly says “permit is not a valid drivers license” can I fight this case ? Every time  I ask question at the DMV I always get brushed off, nobody license to me.

You apparently escaped a citation for driving without a license so I'd say you're getting off easy here.

Your privilege to drive was suspended, whether you had a license or not.

• Shay

A "permit" can also be suspended.

Instead of looking for the rules about a "suspended license" - do some research on "suspended permits".  

I am out of time tonight, so I don't have time to help with research.

BTW - who was driving with you when your ticket happened.  In most states, when driving on a permit, you must also have a licensed driver with you at all times.  If you did not have a licensed driver with you, that could have caused your permit to be suspended.

you could try talking to a lawyer about it