Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 2 months ago

2nd DIVORCE WITHIN SPAN OF 2 WEEKS!!! Now Princess Margaret’s son divorcing. Why are women abandoning marriage to Queen’s male relations?

The Queen is said to be “saddened” by today’s (17 February 2020) announcement that her nephew David, Earl of Snowden and his wife Serena are divorcing. Just last week it was announced that the Queen’s eldest grandson Peter (son of Princess Anne) and his wife Autumn are divorcing. Why are the women seeking to get out of an association with the royal family?

In regards to the Royal Family as an institution, the Phillipses and the Snowdons never had any association with it in the first place, so there's really nothing for the soon-to-be ex-wives to "get out of".

• Clo

You and the gossip press are making much ado about nothing that spectacular. Divorce is quite common all over the world...why not ask all divorcing couples your question?

The problem with people today is there is no committment and they do not hold their marriage vows as sacred, so off with the old and on with the new. The same holds true for the royal family. It is a shame really as the children suffer because parents are so selfish.

Coincidence.   And what I really can't understand is how a divorce can be 'amicable'.   In which case, if true, WHY DIVORCE?  

Re marriage and why - it makes me smile to see gays gagging to get married, when most straight people don't want to bother with marriage, and when they do, it all goes pear-shaped eventually.

Re this latest, given the accommodation these people live in (hardly two-up, two down houses) why the need to divorce when they can surely manage to live under the same vast roof, without much contact?   Unless one or other of them wants to marry again, this time for love?

The Queen was told about both divorces last year, so it comes as no shock to her. Well over 40% of British marriages end in divorce (and many more ought to) it really isn't anything to get excited about.  

Practically everybody gets divorced.

• virtual_cleo

My marriage lasted until my husband’s death. I didn’t say everybody. I said practically everybody. That is manifestly true, so why argue with it?