Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 month ago

how does one develop self-confidence when they are in a job with managers beings their authority telling them what to do?

I know its parts of the job, but the idea of simply being told what to do by superiors is already pretty infuriating and ruins my self-esteem 

One recognizes that managers have more experience and that if you work hard you too can someday be a manager.

• LP7

If you already know your job let your immediate supervisor know.If it's causing delays or lowering work performance.

You do it by performing the tasks you are asked to do to the very best of your ability and report back to him/her as soon as you have finished. Don't make them have to hunt you down.  Don't bring them problems that you have not determined real solutions to first so you can suggest them to the manager. They may have a different solution. If they do carry it out with a positive attitude. Employees that just bring their managers problems are very often seen as complainers or pests. If you can accomplish those two things you will be seen as a valued employee by the majority of managers.

• David B.

of fear of failure in the future. I'm sorry that you can't see past the fact that everyone and I do mean everyone has authority over them. Those that succeed in life accept that reality. Those that refuse to generally fail more often than not.