Does anyone know anything about American Frogs?

When I was a kid I lived in a small town called Yorktown Virginia. There was a creek behind our neighborhood that all the kids would hangout by. I have this memory of seeing a frog by that creek that was blue. It could’ve been another color and I’m just remembering wrong, but it definitely wasn’t the normal green color most frogs had. I knew that because of its color is was probably poisonous so I never approached it. Does anyone have an idea of what type of frog this was? 

there is only one species of poisonous frog in the US, the Pickerel frog, which is more or less standard frog green/tan colored with square shaped spots on its back, and i dont believe there are any true blue frogs/toads in north America, however many species can have a bluish hue or tint to their skin in the right lighting, especially when they shed. i have 2 toads, and when they matured from a tadpole and their body was morphing, their skin looked flushed bluish milky and weird, which gave them a bluish color. the frog you saw was possibly one of the following, based on the blue appearance; grey tree frog, eastern american toad, oak toad, carpenter frog, and eastern spadefoot can all look blue, especially in water where light gets refracted differently

• oikoσ

Could have been any of several species. I found a blue green frog once.  The green skin color is caused by a layer that appears blue being seen through a layer of yellow. If the yellow chromatophores are missing, you see the skin as blue. It is rare but it has been reported several times.

• JimZ

I don't know of a blue frog but there is a reddish frog

https://www.123rf.com/photo_89321181_wood-frogs-ra...

It was a cold frog.