jacob asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

How to keep Kraft Dinner (Mac & Cheese) tasting good for leftovers in a fridge?

Whenever I cook myself a Kraft Dinner the Mac and Cheese always tastes terrible after even 1 night and after microwaving it up again, the Mac and Cheese that is at the top gets hard and the Mac and Cheese at the bottom gets soggy. I've tried sealing it as much as possible but it always tastes like ****. 

Your best bet is to make Mac-N-Cheese yourself rather than a box. 

The mac-n-cheese at the bottom of your leftovers has absorbed more of the liquid and gets soggy. 

If you always have left over make half the box.  Portion out the cheese powder and use half the milk and butter when making the sauce. I would also only boil half the pasta but if you boil it all portion out what you will have the next day and I would add a bit of butter so it does not stick together or you can just package it and when you make your sauce add the cold pasta to it and let it heat up before you add the butter and milk and cheese powder. 

I think that's a lost cause. It's never as good the next day. 

The closest I've ever come is adding a little salt, a little more butter and maybe a slice of american to melt in it when you heat it up.  If you find some other way, let me know.  

if you allow it to cool before refrigeration and then cover it well, it won't be soggy or dry.