How to overcome the fear of death?

I think the fear of death is kind of hard wired into all of us humans, though some people do take their own lives, and you would assume they were not afraid to do it. Death is an unknown.  Is it really the end of everything, or is there a next step in the Life/Death process? Reincarnation, Heaven, Nothingness,etc. It is the unknown that is the instigator of fear.  Take out the "unknown factor" and what is there to be afraid of? 

• WinterRose

Thanks for the BA!

It is good to die old because as you age the emotional pain begins to increase and intensify to the point where only pain can relieve it.  I woke with a killer tooth ache, a few months back and I was in so much pain the emotional pain was wiped away - I actually felt better.  In my life I haven't actually hurt anyone physically but starting with my self, my parents, friends, girl friends, wives, kids and grand kids all I have done is let everyone down.  

• Carmen

One way is to think of Death like a deep sleep like you're unconscious you won't know anything feel anything or remember anything you will be at peace waiting to be woke up to better times more healthier happier times Paradise conditions .

As a person ages, it's not that big of a deal anymore. it's a mysterious adventure we all go on sooner or later. it must be ok, no one's come back to complain about it.

Keep busy and before you sleep read.

It depends which scenario you are talking about. Suicide? doing something dangerous? natural death?