Is it not a safe idea to have bedroom window curtain up at bedtime?

I noted my sister has her bedroom curtain up at bedtime/ midnight. I started doing the same myself because it makes me feel less claustrophobic and I like looking out into a night sky.

I don't know if this is safe because one never knows who is wandering on the streets? However, we live in a multi-level appartment (on the seventh floor actually) and the only similarly tall building in the area is a distance. Of course, I draw my curtains when it's time go to sleep.

I hope this question sounds sense. Just hope I'm not doing risky behaviour.

• drip

If your lights are off and your curtains open it is going to be hard for anyone outside to see anything in your room. 

Even with your lights on, with being on the 7th floor someone is going to have to be at your height in a building close to you or have binoculars.  

to bottom comment-why do you think so?

• Jerry

We mounted a shade on the sill so it pulls up -that way we can see the sky and have some privacy when dressing as well as being able to look outside.

• D50

Safe from what? Someone can see in only if your lights are on. Someone can GET in only if you are on a lower floor.

You indicate no one can see in, so given that, no problem.

I think you are quite safe, if you were on the ground floor that would be a different story.

If your windows are on the groud floor or overlooked, then it is risky. 

Otherwise not a problem.