Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

Why is it that whenever I create something, at first I think it is incredible and wonderful, but later I think it's crap.?

Then I go back to wonderful, then crap, then wonderful, etc. etc. etc.

A story, a picture, a video, a sculpture... you name it... It's always the same cycle of gold to crap to gold to crap.

Because you got used to it and you get bored with it and then your mind wants to create something new if you didn't think it was bad after a while you'd never create anything new.

In my case it stemmed from low self-esteem. While immersed in a project, I didn't have the same energy for deriding myself. I got a little high from completing the work, but then, it existed only to be picked apart, like everything else I'd ever done. It was a horrible time.

CBT and meds aren't for everyone, but they helped me immensely. A better diet and more time outdoors was also a revelation.

probably cause youre being moody