Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

It’s not good to joke about God or religion, why are some people so disrespectful and wicked to believers?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Althea
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

According to 1 John 5:19 it shows that the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one. That wicked one is Satan the Devil & his angels that have been thrown down to the earth with great anger knowing that they have a short period of time according to Revelation 12:9, 12. Due to their influence, people not only joke about God or religion but they are responsible for all the suffering that we see on the earth today. 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

People don't believe anything is going to happen to them. These rude people don't know that some day there is going a time where all the wicked will be punished for eternity. 

• sarah
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Because they do not really believe in God and think people who do are stupid. So to let people know they do not believe they say stupid things.

• Zac Z
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

"it’s not good to joke about God or religion" --> before moving on to a question, you'd first have to establish that this statement is valid.

As for jokes about God, to quote Dawkins, "Blasphemy is a victimless crime", and I invite God to strike me dead for saying this. I don't think there's any risk to this "invitation".

As for joking about religion, it's not disrespectful to believers, it's disrespectful to a belief system.I don't see a problem with that as you'd have to justify why religions deserve respect. Do you respect other religions? Do you respect shamans or druids? Do you respect Hindus or Muslims (assuming you're a Christian)? Do you respect Mormons?

To the unbeliever, pretty much all religions make hilariously ridiculous claims. Why should I respect them? Just because someone believes this stuff?

By the same logic, I'd have to respect flat-eathers, believers in astrology, psychics, mediums channeling the dead or aliens, or those who claim Elvis is still alive.

Respect needs to be earned; it cannot (or should not) be prescribed.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

All you are is anonymous. Anyone can do that. 

Your opinion doesn't matter.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It’s not good to joke about God or religion.   Why are some people so disrespectful and wicked to believers?

It's not good to write run-on sentences.

• 2 months ago

For the same reason that Jesus said about the Roman soldiers that were preoccupied over dividing His garments In Luke 23:34 “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.” And they divided up His garments by casting lots.

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Many of us find that God and religion are very funny.  The idea that people actually believe in such superstitious nonsense in this day and age IS very amusing.

But if you were confident and secure in your religion, you really wouldn't care what other people say.

• 2 months ago

Why are believers so disrespectful and wicked to everyone outside their own sect? Or do they assume they should have special privileges, rights they're not willing to grant to anyone else?

• 2 months ago

the same reason why you are wicked to non believers i suppose. You lot are always miscalling non believers. Infact you lot used to burn them at the stake. So why are you lot like that ?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.