Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

What happened to my girl Jill Stein? Will she be running for president again?

You wouldn't know it if you read only MSM sources but the Green Party is currently conducting its own primaries and I don't believe Dr. Stein is even running for the nomination this cycle.

She did what she did after the 2012 election in faded Back Into Obscurity. I don't know if she's planning to run for office again but she will likely do for than she did last time. Jill Stein also ran in the 2012 election but was really a footnote. In 2016 she got a lot more support, presumably because people on the left or dissatisfied with Hillary Clinton. However, I think that she's going to get a lot less support this time around. There's two reasons for this. First off, the Democratic party is more left word and so presumably more satisfying to the people who supported her in 2016. But I think she's also going to do poorly because of the role she played in the 2016 election. Jill Stein, in many ways, is the reason why we have Donald Trump is president now. In the three states which gave Trump Victory, Stein's share of the vote is greater than that of Trumps March victory. In 2016 she really acted as a spoiler, taking votes away from Clinton. If Stein voters had instead voted for Clinton than Trump would not be present right now. An awful lot of left-leaning Voters know that. They also know that Stein is a fan of Vladimir Putin who is now regarded as a hated Enemy by those on the left