What is the difference between hope and faith? What is the difference between believing and knowing? ?

1. Hope? Look in a dictionary. Faith? It is mostly a) a willingness to find things out for ourselves and b) a willingness to trust God even when we don't understand. Faith gives us hope, and hope can encourage us to deal with God and make our faith stronger.

2. Something you believe you think you know. Something you know you have experienced for yourself.

Hope and knowing pertain to the finite, and come from faith and believing which are infinite.  

• Paul

Hope means trust. Faith means belief. Belief means accepting something as true. This can happen without supporting evidence (which is never a good idea), or as a result of supporting evidence. Knowing means that the amount of supporting evidence is so tremendous that there is no chance that what you believe could possibly be false.

• Rico

Hope is an expectation of what has not yet happened, faith is a belief in the unseen

Hope is desiring to have it and never being sure whether you will get it or not (I hope I do get it - there's doubt in there).

Faith is the absolute knowing that you WILL get it (I know of a surety that I will get it without a shadow of doubt), so faith is having the absolute ASSURANCE that you will receive it

There is no difference between FAITH and KNOWING.  You have Faith in Christ as Saviour.  You KNOW He's the One who died for you.  They are similar not different.

1. Hope = wishing.

2. Faith = believing.

3. knowing = witnessing

Faith is not knowing what the future holds, but knowing who holds the future. That is why this Christian wrote, "I know whom I have believed [Jesus Christ] and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entreated to him for that [future] day." (2 Timothy 1:12) Knowing is only ever a matter of degree because nobody knows everything, perfectly. But that man knew enough about Jesus to know that, based on who He is (the Son of God) He knows the future and is sovereign over it. Iranian poet Khalil Gilbran wrote this in 'Sand and Foam':  "I am ignorant of absolute truth. But I am humble before my ignorance and therein lies my honor and my reward." 

To people who don't know Jesus Christ, or who deny Him, call people with such faith and humility and with such hope in the future He holds, "idiots" (or worse.) Because they don't know, they cannot believe. But, they don't want to know. As John Kenneth Galbraith said,  "Faced with having to change our views or prove that there is no need to do so, most of us immediately get busy on the proof."

Seeing, hearing and understanding

• sarah

Having that Knowledge for yourself. If you are counting on religious organizations to give you faith and knowledge you will be lacking and it will become believing. But knowing means you have read the bible done the research to find the truth and now you know you have the truth about God. That is knowing. www.jw.org

Hope: something you really want to be true or to happen.

Faith: the act the goes against common sense and logic that is believing in something even if it can't be proven.

Believing: Like faith.

Knowing: Understanding something that has been proven to be true.

If only there were a way to look up words and find out their definitions......