Anonymous

Why are young people so incompetent these days?

Many barely know how to run a house, do vehicle maintenance and repairs, or even how to work with their hands, not just to mention knowing how to function in life.

My grandfather's generation, WW2, and even my Dad's generation, post WW2, they knew how to work with their hands, and when things got tough, be it in work or life, they didn't puss-out and cry: "Oh I can't do it, it's too hard."

No they cowboyed up, and instead of complaining, only worked harder at it and if one way didn't solve it, they looked at another way to try and solve the issue at hand. Only when they had tried everything and nothing worked, then they quietly stepped away and went onto something else, something better.

And when it came to working a job, if they could not get a better one, instead complaining, they manned-up and just did what they had to do so they could support themselves and their families.

They did not waste their time on pointless ****, stuff that was gonna waste their time or that could not be fixed, but they did the best they could at whatever it was, and I'm referring more to life rather than employment neccesarily, but in both cases, in the meantime they did not ***** and complain like little snot-nosed babies needing a diaper change.

Now we got a whole generation, sadly mine; the millennial generation, and now generation Z; I think it's called that, who act like spoiled rich kids for the most part. Who have never worked a day in their life and feel that the world owes them.

Update:

I do not buy into that line of thinking. Nobody is gonna just give you anything, you have to work and scrape for everything you get. 

And nobody's gonna "powder your butt" because you have a rash. You have a problem, ultimately it is you that has to figure out how to solve it, and understand that it's the choices you make are what either make or break your life.

But no, you have a whole bunch of pussy crybabies who wanna blame everything/everyone else.

Update 2:

Instead of taking personal responsibility.

I agree with Clint Eastwood when he said: "I'm tired of this pussy generation."

Even worse, I'm ashamed to be a part of it, which is due to simply having been born in it's time, cuz I do not subscribe to it's way of thinking.

But the question is, when looking at the past generations, how in the hell did we ever get to this point where young men, and women, are such complete wimps?

Update 3:

Do you think having all this technology has something to do with it?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 week ago

It's all to do with the Samoan Warrior

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

Lack of discipline & commitment-

Poor management & fear of offending certain people when you point out their inadequate work skills or general incompetency - 

This rapid downward slide in quality & performance began during the 90s & went into hyper speed during the mid 2000's-

It's likely to continue under current conditions due to an entitled, willfully ignorant & lazy people - A generation's been coddled & led to believe the world owes them

• 1 month ago

Like others have said they have been soiled rotten. Dude I have traveled all over the world and American children are the most privileged (regardless of race) little shits in the entire world. Go to Ethiopia or India, or Indonesia and your eyes will be opened and you will get a much bigger appreciation of living in the USA. Please ignore the media that says we live in a hell hole when we actually live in Heaven compared to the rest of the world.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Because  they  have  been  spoilt  rotten

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Women and feminism. When it was "a man's world" things seem to be way better. Women were classy, men were MEN.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Lack of discipline.

• 1 month ago

Internet, social media and video games are to blame. It's also that they can behave like teenagers for longer. Most people married at 18 or younger in the XV century.

Teenagers are very skilled when it comes to phones and computers but don't know how to change a wheel. It's because they don't need it either.

Society is evolving and people adapt to the new technologies.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Damn Kids !!!!!!!

• 1 month ago

"Why are young people so incompetent these days?"

Yes, we live in very "soft" times so to speak.  And while this topic is a little too large to fully discuss in an answers forum, I will just point out that much of the blame falls on the feminist style school system which softened everybody down to the level of a little girl who easily gets hurt feelings, and then gets rewarded for being a victim.

When you reward a behaviour, you end up with more of that behaviour.

Today we have a lot of self styled "oppressed victims" trying to outcompete each other for victim status.  And then they want to be recognized for THAT, as if that is supposed to be some kind of achievement.  

We have to get back to basics.  Of course, this is all propped up artificially while we still have liberal systems in place that can waste money and support people doing nonsense jobs, pushing nonsense social engineering.  Once the economy crashes, everything will reset.  No more time for BS.

• 1 month ago

Nobody teaches them anything.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.