What's better? PlayStation or Xbox to you? Should I get a next gen Xbox or PS5?

Ok being honest about my views I find the PS1 and PS2 being super awesome. I love both of mine and I own all the PlayStations aside from the PSP. The issue lies with the fact I do not love the PS3 or PS4 that much. Like I really am not in love with them. Will I play them? Of course. But I'm not really keen on using them as much as I was the 360 or Xbox One. Yes, Xbox One's exclusives are pretty lackluster (aside from Halo, Gears, Forza) however I only really beat a few of the Sony exclusives. I'm not sure why but Microsoft as far as the 360 and One are concerned I just preferred. Speaking of this new generation, I'm stuck between both options because I believe that both will be good but I'm not sure which one I personally would rather go with. I dont like the Series X's design, and from what I hear of the PS5's design it might be like the dev kits design and that is horrendous looking. Power is not a big deal to me as much as games are concerned and barely any games have been announced for either. Based on your personal preferences which one do you think would be better to go with? Should I just stick to using my PS4 Pro and Xbox One S?

• Kyle

they both have great games.  some people do have one console for exclusives only, and the other for exclusives plus all other games.

xbox just announced that if you buy games that will be on xbox series x on your xbox one, you will also get the series x version if you get the new console this winter.  it's available to third party publishers too, so we'll see if they go that route.  but now it's only for xbox games that have that option.  but so far future xbox games will still work on the xbox one too.  

if you don't have a 4K TV, or don't care about 4K gaming that much, and have a good HDTV, you could get both ps4 and xbox one s at pretty good deals.  get one used even.  or get one now, then get one next holiday when they go on sale.

i have an xbox one x now.  but i plan on getting a ps4 this year for their exclusives.  i've played both before too, and i like xbox's interface and community better.  

i could really care less about the design of the consoles.  as long as the games are still fun, they could look like anything to me.  maybe just stick with this gen's consoles as games will still be supported for at least a couple more years.  if not longer.  

I like the Xbox one because the layout and interface look better. 

However, PlayStation 4 have better controllers. They don't require batteries and you can play wirelessly for a few days without having to charge it. 

the ps4 pro has better specs than the xbox one s with CPU and GPU (I think) and with better storage (most of the time) and also supporting 4k quality.

so ps4 pro I guess

.but if you feel more comfortable using your xbox then go ahead ^w^

specs if you're interested:

CPU:

PS4 Pro: 2.1GHz 8-Core AMD Jaguar 

Xbox One S: 1.75 GHz 8-Core AMD Custom CPU

GPU:

PS4 Pro: 4.2 TFLOP AMD Radeon 

Xbox One S: Integrated AMD Graphics clocked at 914MHz

Storage:

PS4 Pro: 1TB Hard Drive 

Xbox One S: 500GB/1TB/2TB

4K:

PS4 Pro: Yes

Xbox One S: Streaming content only, gaming upscaled