Carlos asked in SportsBasketball · 8 months ago

Is my Friend being Over Reactive and Childish?

There is a basketball tournament involving non-varsity and My friend was in charge of assembling the team. He's trying to get as much players as he can, find a jersey supplier and so on. However, he is complaining that he isn't getting playtime. Whenever he's asked to be subbed out even if he was only in the court for like 30 seconds after one quarter, he says yes. That's the problem, he's too submissive to people's requests. There is no coach here as it is a non-varsity thing and it's jsut a school tournament, which means subs are based on squad requests. However one time......he threw a long message of dissapointment saying that he's doing all the work, making the team lineup, signing the contract and making sure we have enough players for a game. his whole point of the message is that he is team captain, doing all the work, making the team but he's not getting any playtime from his teammates and he complained why one person who was never a varsity got more playtime than him. My friend added that the time he was given was not enough to judge his own performance. He was made team captain because the tournament organizers were looking for High school varsities who are not college varsities and my friend is one of them.

• Bob

To me it sounds like your friend has some issues,and is immature

• martin

Your friend sounds overly egotistical and self-centered.