Do women just not want friends or what not?

So sometimes I have a thing with women where it doesnt work out. Sometimes they decide to just abandon ship without thinking we can just be friends or what not and it gets annoying. I'm so confused by it all. I thought being friends was something they adamantly wanted. It's not like I'm incapable of just being friends.

• ?

We won't all be friends with everyone and if they don't see you in that role they simply won't offer their friendship. You can't win everyone over all the time.

I assume you are a guy and u are referencing when a potential romantic relationship fizzes out, why the woman doesnt want to stick around. If thats the correct assumption, here are some reasons why:

Reason 1: if we're not gonna save the princess at the end of the video game, why would we keep playing for no reason? The goal is to save the princess and the princess(committed relationship option) is gone, so why play the game?

Reason 2: sometimes its painful to be reminded of what will not be romantic, so we'd rather end everything than hang on being your friend knowing you dont want us in that way. Out of site, easier to keep out of mind

Reason 3: if we've already decided your ways are less than desirable and thats why we're better not being in a romantic relationship, why would we want to be friends? That makes no sense, so we end it completely.

Think about it as if you were her future boyfriend. Would you want your girlfriend to be friends with her exes?