What am I doing wrong with women?

Well for the most part I always try to treat everyone kind. Sometimes I might not want to do something but will do it anyway if it will help somebody out. So my thing is with the girls I like I do this too, and I tend to not joke around with them too much at the beginning even though I’m a joker/goofy at heart, but I’m told that I can be mean sometimes even though I’m joking. I should also say I’m a homebody, so I don’t go out and party and whatever, but I do go to the movies, travel occasionally. It takes a lot for me to ask a girl out, but I do when the time comes. So when I’m pursuing a girl I kind of hold back certain things, I try to tell her about myself and ask about herself, and I joke a little. I should say that even though I try to make conversation, it’s an area that I’m horrible with due to not really like talking much. Another thing I tend to do a lot for the girl I like, things I know well at least thought a girl would like from someone she would be interested in.  I might get a date here or there, but they ultimately go after other guys. Which is rough, especially when you see the girl and the guy she chose everyday. The reason I say it’s rough, is that I always see them and wonder what did I do, or what’s wrong with me why she didn’t want me (all I do is just accept it and keep it moving). So I don’t know what I am doing wrong and how to fix it. If someone can help me out.  I just feel like I am destined to be alone for the rest of my life.

If you feel that talking doesn't work well for you then make known to the girl that you like that you would prefer doing task. Any human will understand if you just speak up.

If you really don't want to talk, find a girl that doesn't like talking too. Work on body language and communicate through that.