Why is there yet ANOTHER Pres. debate ?

We all voted yesterday, Super Tuesday, for Dem. Pres. nominee. So why is there another debate happening if we've already voted for one of the two ? What don't I get ? M

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Tmess2
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

Through March 15 (the date of the next debate),  twenty-four states, two territories, and Democrats Abroad will have voted.  As the rest of the country still have to vote and the voters in the first eighteen states have essentially narrowed the field to two candidates, the Democratic Party thinks it is a good idea to have the last two candidates face each other (without having to split time with eight other candidates).

• Clive
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

Because you didn't "all vote yesterday".  Only 14 states had primaries on Super Tuesday.    There's still over half the states to go yet.  This whole thing goes on and on and the last primary isn't until the beginning of June.

Such is the joy of American elections... as a non-American from a country where we can manage to have a general election from a standing start in a month and a half flat, it boggles the mind.  And the reason is we don't have primaries.  Each party has already done that as and when they need a new leader, because the leader is their candidate to be Prime Minister.

• 11 months ago

Only some states voted so far.........the rest are still deciding. 

This is why I always hated the process......because usually my candidates are  OUT OF  IT.....before the primaries even get to my state, so I never get to even vote for them. 

This time however,  my candidate is Biden......so finally, I get to cast a vote for the candidate I actually want. 

• lare
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

thank you for your vote. not all the states participate on or before Super Tuesday. there will be primaries in other states for the next several months.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 11 months ago

You don't get the United States. Each state has its own laws except for federal laws.

• Jeff D
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

We didn't all vote on Super Tuesday.  There are more primaries coming up.

• ricky
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

There’s a limit to how long a reply can be here. I don’t have enough space available to answer your question. How about what you DO get, much simpler.

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

There is still more to go before one gets enough delegates to lock up the nomination on the first ballot.

• Mandy
    Lv 6
    11 months ago

Because between the two, it has not been decided who will be the nominee.  

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.