Jay asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyTattoos · 3 months ago

When will my tattoo wash off?

I got a tattoo done at a shop 2 weeks ago. I went to a pro because I wanted it to last longer than henna or airbrush. I know this ones more like, in my skin. Do I need to exfoliate to get rid of the dead skin that holding it in? It's shown no signs of wear yet which is great but also I kinda need it gone in a week because my mom is visiting. 

It will never come off. However, Kat Von D carries a foundation that’s known for covering tattoos. Buy the makeup, use a wet beauty blender to cover it, top with matching or translucent powder. Good luck.

The tattoo, if permanent, will not be gone in a week. Unless you are able to get laser removal services, it will forever be in your skin. It will be subject to fading overtime, however, this depends on what you do to care for the tattoo and the fading of a new tattoo doesn’t mean it won’t be visible. I don’t recommend exfoliating the dead skin on the tattoo. This is, usually, the scabbing that comes along with the healing process. Exfoliating the skin could open your skin and put you at risk for infections and it can jeopardize the overall appearance of the tattoo; it’ll cause certain areas of the ink to fade, giving you a splotchy appearance. Keep the skin clean and moisturized. After it’s done healing, it should be safe to use tattoo foundations/coverups to help you hide the tattoo. Kat Von D has one, as does the company Dermablend. 

Permanent tattoos never wash off. You can apply makeup or hide the tattoo from your mom

The best makeup to hide tattoo from Mommy is Ben Nye Tattoo Cover.

Ben Nye Tattoo Cover wheel

When covering tattoos the most important part is to cancel out the blue and purple tones of the ink.

• Mystic

Dumba*s. A permanent tattoo doesn't "wash off".

trollololololol

• audrey

Tattoos are for life unless you have money enough for a laser treatment removal.

• mokrie

Your joking right? Tattoos are for life.

• Mystic

Unless you can afford laser treatments.

I hope your new tat says that you love your mother 

• D50

"NO REGERTS"