Jay asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyTattoos · 3 months ago

When will my tattoo wash off?

I got a tattoo done at a shop 2 weeks ago. I went to a pro because I wanted it to last longer than henna or airbrush. I know this ones more like, in my skin. Do I need to exfoliate to get rid of the dead skin that holding it in? It's shown no signs of wear yet which is great but also I kinda need it gone in a week because my mom is visiting. 

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago
    Favourite answer

It will never come off. However, Kat Von D carries a foundation that’s known for covering tattoos. Buy the makeup, use a wet beauty blender to cover it, top with matching or translucent powder. Good luck.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 3 months ago

The tattoo, if permanent, will not be gone in a week. Unless you are able to get laser removal services, it will forever be in your skin. It will be subject to fading overtime, however, this depends on what you do to care for the tattoo and the fading of a new tattoo doesn’t mean it won’t be visible. I don’t recommend exfoliating the dead skin on the tattoo. This is, usually, the scabbing that comes along with the healing process. Exfoliating the skin could open your skin and put you at risk for infections and it can jeopardize the overall appearance of the tattoo; it’ll cause certain areas of the ink to fade, giving you a splotchy appearance. Keep the skin clean and moisturized. After it’s done healing, it should be safe to use tattoo foundations/coverups to help you hide the tattoo. Kat Von D has one, as does the company Dermablend. 

• 3 months ago

Permanent tattoos never wash off. You can apply makeup or hide the tattoo from your mom

• 3 months ago

The best makeup to hide tattoo from Mommy is Ben Nye Tattoo Cover.

Ben Nye Tattoo Cover wheel

When covering tattoos the most important part is to cancel out the blue and purple tones of the ink.

Attachment image
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Mystic
    Lv 5
    3 months ago

Dumba*s. A permanent tattoo doesn't "wash off".

• 3 months ago

trollololololol

• audrey
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Tattoos are for life unless you have money enough for a laser treatment removal.

• mokrie
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Your joking right? Tattoos are for life.

• Mystic
      Lv 5
      3 months agoReport

Unless you can afford laser treatments.

• 3 months ago

I hope your new tat says that you love your mother 

• D50
      Lv 6
      3 months agoReport

"NO REGERTS"

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.