Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 3 months ago

How has the COVID-19/Coronavirus impacted your life recently?

• KaleyK

Toilet paper has become almost like a precious metal.

No school, cant go anywhere, sit at home ant eat ramen while watching netflix all day pretty much.

What does this have to do with Software?

The fat **** who lives across the hall and stomp walks to pee every 20 mins and never leaves the house has not left the house.. never mind.

Jokes aside as I'm taking care of business related work from home I'm finding swaths of people aren't answering phone calls from other people with strange numbers from their homes so I then have to jockey 15 people to get info from one guy who can get it from another guy and worse, most everything is closed so if one guy doesn't have fax but the other doesn't have Skype and yet still, anothers Chinese Email address won't send to a Venezuelan run server in Canada...

We might have all this technology on paper but take away 2 seemingly minuscule aspects of them and we might as well be bartering corn for wheat at the crossroads from horseback with some negra boy in 1822, ya rekon?

4 religious denominations (UUA, Catholic, Bahai, Kriya) are canceled or online/ remote only 

bike club rides canceled

probably cant see my mother any more for a while (in assisted living facility)

1. Can’t see my boyfriend

2. No prom

3. Might have to do online school

4. I’m scared shitless of getting it

5. no going out

6. My life is boring now

7. Ruined my vacation :(

8. SOOO MUCH MORE

• ron h

I need a haircut. No barber.

• John

We are in Oakland, Ca. across the bay from San Francisco. 7 million people shelter in place since Monday night. We haven't left the house for two days, probably will be 2-3 more before we do. We have food for a month including MRE rations. We can go to the store and we probably will to get some fresh protein and veggies. We have a business in the city. That building was closed and locked the first night at 7pm. We are just fine but there is no place to go and nothing to do. We can't work from home and get paid for it, but we both have training things we can occupy ourselves with. Besides the endless yard work. We're OK.

I've been asked to work at home

My investments have taken a hit

It hasn't!                  

Well, it has nothing to do with Software. This AIN'T the Polls section.