Running a PC game from an external DVD drive?

I recently found my disk for Lord of the Rings: the Battle for Middle Earth for PC. My laptop doesn t have a DVD drive so I bought an external DVD drive so play the game. I managed to install it, but when I try to play it the application doesn t recognise that the disk is in the external drive. Therefore, it can t locate the disk so I can t play the game. Does anyone have a solution to this? Thanks.

• arther

copy the disk to hard drive and play from there

• keerok

It doesn't matter if it's an external drive. It's still a valid disk drive. Try running the game in Compatibility Mode.

You don't mention which Operating System you're using, sir, but the following webpage MAY be able to help you sort this out.

It's too old.

Contact the publishers of that game or go to a forum of those game players and ask, or search with Google.