is it an insult to say someone is Autistic?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

i dont think so but i wouldnt tell everybody, they might not want everyone to know

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

Autistic has gotten a negative stigma by ignorant people who THINK it means You're somehow mentally retarded, but it does NOT! True some people who're diagnosed as Autistic have other developmental problems, & are ALSO retarded, ...

BUT the very word Autistic is a metaphor for containing a fake God, Otto (Loki), clone implant, inhibitor, and EVERY SINGLE human being, &/or human avatar is genetically engineered to have one, so We're literally all Autistic, ...

but the people who get diagnosed are the ones whose implant malfunctions to different varied degrees, due to random nucleotide polymorphisms, from being electronically cloned billions of times... It's like if You copy a cassette tape, then copy the copy, each time the sound depredates, the same kind of problems occur with inbreeding, which is why it's actually illegal to marry Your' siblings, parents, or children.

• Jeremy2 months agoReport

Oh I digress... No it's not an insult, but MOST people would be very insulted by it, out of Their' own ignorance.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Depends on how you use it.

Like if someone didn't actually have autism and you called them "autistic" to make fun of them, yes that would be.  Like if you said "Hey there autistic boy" that would be bad.

As opposed to saying something like "i have an autistic cousin" or "making friends might be a challenge for an autistic person"

So it just depends on how you use it and if it is relevant to anything.

Another one someone randomly said "you have autism" when that was random and had nothing to do with anything.  That would be wrong

As opposed to saying "Autism is a psycological disorder.  My brother has it".

Hope that make's sense.

One thing that I DISLIKE is when people say "autistic people think differently than normal people" because THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A "normal person"!  NOT HAVING AUTISM DOESN'T MEAN YOU ARE NORMAL OR LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.  YOU CAN FRICKEN HAVE SOMEOTHER FRICKEN PSYCOLOGICAL DISORDER OTHER THAN AUTISM.

So while it might not be offensive to say something like "my uncle is autistic" I find it STUPID AND UNACCEPTABLE to say crap like "people with autism think differently than normal people"

If anybody says crap like that, you need to STFU and use your "normal" brains to know that you can be different than other people WITHOUT AUTISM.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Definitely not if the person is Autistic! In general people who have that prefer to be called Autistic because it is a part of them. The reason why most of them don't like "person with autism" is because it separates them from their disorder. However, it depends on a person's preference on what they wish to be called. So both of them isn't really an insult but "Autistic"

is more widely accepted than "person with Autism". 

It's only an insult if you use that term in a negative way or use it as if they're dumb or something like that. For example, I've seen people on social media call school shooters autistic (they don't) as to use it as an insult. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Depends how it's said.  It can be used as an insult or it's could describe someone's situation.

• Blake2 months agoReport

Well-said

• 2 months ago

honestly, depends on the person with autism....some prefer the term autistic.....over person with autism or on the spectrum

• 2 months ago

yes. especially when it is untrue.

• 2 months ago

I think it is more acceptable to say 'on the spectrum', if you are explaining a person's issue, like if someone were to ask about why your child was acting a way that is not neuro-typical, but if you are calling someone that as a guess, then no, that is definitely an insult, as you should never label anyone for any reason.

• 2 months ago

Not if it is diagnosed by a psychologist or psychiatrist.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

yes unless you are a doctor who works in that field.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.