Can the Chinese gov sue Trump for calling the Corona the "China virus" ?

To me it's defamation and slander of the Chinese world. How would you like it if the tables were turned; some foreign country calling a pandemic virus the America virus when there is no solid proof of where any of them originate.

It was, as usual, stupid and childish of Trump. China recently attempted to blame it on the US military which made no sense but that is the practice of non democratic governments and the US now that we have Trump.

Trump just wants people to blame China for his bad response. 

No i do not believe Chin did the right things. Trump has praised their leader.

On a side note

TEHRAN (The Borowitz Report)—Iran’s Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, is “completely baffled” as to why he appears to be the only dictator whom Donald J. Trump does not like, the autocrat said on Monday.

Speaking to reporters in Tehran, the long-reigning tyrant expressed puzzlement and dismay that Trump had not given him the adulation that he has showered on seemingly every other totalitarian in the world.

“Trump loves Vladimir Putin and Mohammed bin Salman, and he’s even given Kim Jong Un a cute nickname, but, for some mysterious reason, I leave him cold,” the visibly saddened Ayatollah said. “I just don’t get it.

”Khamenei initially tried not to take Trump’s distaste for him personally, he said, “but when it became clear that he liked even second-tier strongmen like Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, of Turkey, and Rodrigo Duterte, of the Philippines, I’d be lying if I said it didn’t hurt.”

One possible reason Trump might dislike him, the Ayatollah theorized, is that “he just doesn’t realize how repressive I am.”

“If he did his homework, he’d see that I trample press freedoms, shred basic human rights, and persecute political opponents,” he said. “In terms of the things that are important to him, I really check all the boxes.”

No, the Chinese government can't sue Trump. They could physically try, but it would laughed out of court the second day. Government officials, acting in their official capacity, are immune to lawsuits. Unless they give permission to be sued, which is a bit rare.

No, we call pandemics after their place of origin for public health reasons because of the epicenter of the disease the usually the origin. Putting that information right in the name of the disease is the best way to raise public awareness of this. So Trump is raising public awareness by calling it the "Wuhan Flu" or "China Virus"

That's why we called Ebola after the Ebola river or West Nile after the West Bank of the Nile River or Spanish Flu after Spain. Get the point?

some people are very silly. By the way...there's proof it came from China.

No one cares what a fool "thinks" and it is the Wuhan Virus, so you know. How much is China paying you to spread their anti-American propaganda or do you hate America so much that you're doing this for free.