Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsZoology · 2 months ago

Is it true crocodiles are biologically immortal and grow the rest of their life?

I hear crocodiles grow the rest of their life and die because they get to a point where there isn't enough food to sustain themselves. I decided I'm buying a saltwater crocodile to feed it until it grows 50 feet. Once it does, I'm naming it Godzilla and siccing it on the Japanese. 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

You not sic it at me. "Godzilla" is American version of "Gojira".

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

Immortal? No. You have to go back to protozoa to find immortality (barring accidents). Continuous growth, yes, but the rate drops with age, so 50' is not possible unless you feed it a steady diet of unicorns.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No. Reptiles and amphibians do not grow continuously for their entire lives. That is why we do not see 100 ft. long or one thousand foot long crocodiles or 10 ft. long treefrogs. It is a myth that reptiles and amphibians have so-called indeterminate growth. Once they reach a certain size, growth stops. I kept some adult treefrogs for 10 years. They were adults when I got them, and they were well fed, but they didn't grow any bigger than I first got them as adults.

There is no known animal that is immortal.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Why Japan? Why not china

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Mog
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Ultraman won’t let you do that to Japan. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.