Lukas asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

Do you think "Behavior is the practice we see behind every thought"? Why yes or why not?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Haven't met a single human activity that has no thinking behind it.  Not one yet.  Of course, getting inside of that thinking activity may be hard.  Some of it happens pretty quick and all we have left is the behavior to show us any thinking was even done.  Sometimes we question the thinking that is behind someone's behavior too.  Still, it is hard to get into if the thinker wants to hide it and not let anyone know what was being thought at the time.  But rest assured, thinking was done. 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

This is the order by which a behavior comes into reality: (1) you have a thought 1st; (2) you may have an emotional reaction to the thought or not; (3) you make a decision; and (4) you act or do not act. As you can see, at the decision point is where the thought becomes reality or not. So behind every behavior there is a thought.

• 2 months ago

Not 100% of the time. 2 examples: 1) people supress emotions everyday and dont act on them. I alot of times act like I dont like someone when I have a crush on them and act cordial around people I cannot stand. 2) Also, I think some people do things without thinking and when they later realize how that behavior makes them look, dont like it because it didnt accurately reflect their thoughts. Like me forgetting to hold the door open for someone behind me bc Im so engrossed in my head.

• Liz
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

The Bible reveals the steps that lead to wrongdoing. James 1:15 says: “The [improper] desire, when it has become fertile [literally, “has conceived,” footnote], gives birth to sin.” 

In other words, the way we act depends on how we think. A wrong desire is the result of the thought process. A sin or a crime is the outcome of an incorrect desire and a bad choice.

Source(s): jw.org
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Not just thought - emotion. All behaviors are motivated by emotion. Note the similar root in each word. So we're motivated to do a thing, then we consult our intellect for the best way to make it happen, then we act. Not all motivations make it out to become behaviors, but all behaviors were born as emotions.

• Snoopy
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Yes. Your brain tells you how to act unless you didn't think.

• 2 months ago

No it is not.

You can see a person go nuts driving and have road rage.

• Snoopy
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

But people going nuts have impaired thoughts by definition. 

• 2 months ago

Yes.     Genius has limitations; stupidity is boundless.

Which do we most of in our world? 

• Snoopy
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

That's a sad contradiction. 

• 2 months ago

Some behaviors do not involve thought. Consider the conditioned reflex. By definition this does not involved the brain.

• 2 months ago

No, not all thoughts are acted upon.

• Snoopy
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

Nonsense. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.