Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceOther - Education · 2 months ago

Transfer GPA? ?

I transferred from a community college to a 4 year with a 3.2 gpa. Though upon transferring I found out my GPA reset. I didn’t do too well now I have a 2.0 gpa. How is that even fair? And can I ever bring that up? 

maybe you should talk to them about it, they couldve done it by mistake

Talk with ppl in admissions at both colleges unless 2.0 is now your GPA representing grades

at both colleges in which case how are you still academically eligible? 

Strangely in my case I struggled to get a 2.5 in CC (hadn't been in school for over a decade and had to take the same class twice or more) but have close to a 3.2 at the 4 year where I transferred to and hope to graduate from this year.

• drip

Your university GPA reflects your grades in your university classes. How is that not fair?  You bring it up by getting better grades. 

That's how it works, you don't get to transfer your GPA. You can bring it up by thinking about what made the transition difficult and plan for how to increase your success. Was it late assignments? Not showing up to classes? Not having supplies? Not understanding the material? Just struggle with tests? Something else? Your plan of action is going to be different if you skipping early morning classes compared to needing to learn some testing tricks or find a tutor.