Do people pay taxes on the due date or prior the due date?

Due date July 15. Should I pay on the 15 or earlier?

• Linda

By the due date or you will get penalized like us. We had to come up with 7 grand in back taxes. So don't wait and pay it on or before the last day you can pay. 

PRIOR is safer ( i e make sure you avoid penalties).

• ricky

The due date is the “last” day you can pay. You can pay anything before that. I assume you mean federal taxes.

• Ray2 months agoReport

ya

It's best to pay taxes prior to the due date but some people want every cent of interest they can get, so some people try to pay as close to the due date is possible.

• Lv 7

Why is it "best"?

• martin

Usually people mail a check with their tax return, which typically is mailed about a week or two before the due date.

Pay it as soon as you can afford it.  If you are due a refund, then the sooner you file your taxes, the sooner you will get your refund.  Especially if you do it with direct deposit to your checking account.

• NA

The due date is sufficient.  I usually make payments a week ahead of time in case there is a glitch (though I've never had one).

• Ray2 months agoReport

thanks! ill use your method

Mine gets deducted for me.