Do people pay taxes on the due date or prior the due date?

Update:

Due date July 15. Should I pay on the 15 or earlier?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Linda
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

By the due date or you will get penalized like us. We had to come up with 7 grand in back taxes. So don't wait and pay it on or before the last day you can pay. 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

PRIOR is safer ( i e make sure you avoid penalties).

• ricky
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The due date is the “last” day you can pay. You can pay anything before that. I assume you mean federal taxes.

• Ray2 months agoReport

ya

• 2 months ago

It's best to pay taxes prior to the due date but some people want every cent of interest they can get, so some people try to pay as close to the due date is possible.

• Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Why is it "best"?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • martin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Usually people mail a check with their tax return, which typically is mailed about a week or two before the due date.

• 2 months ago

Pay it as soon as you can afford it.  If you are due a refund, then the sooner you file your taxes, the sooner you will get your refund.  Especially if you do it with direct deposit to your checking account.

• NA
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The due date is sufficient.  I usually make payments a week ahead of time in case there is a glitch (though I've never had one).

• Ray2 months agoReport

thanks! ill use your method

• 2 months ago

Mine gets deducted for me.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.