Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationCamping · 7 months ago

Is anyone familiar with living in the forest?

I believe it's totally possible to 

replace eating food/water with 

feeding off the Holy Spirit, so 

I can go live in a tent in the forest.   

I guess I have two main concerns: 

a) Do 10-degree sleeping bags

really work? Do they prevent freezing?

b) What would happen once I turn 

60, and unable to continue hiking? 

• Yes.

Pneumonia is the usual result.

Sleeping bag ratings usually assume you are using some kind of ground pad which adds a layer of insulation.  Treat them the same as Mpg ratings for cars, they try to make the most optimistic conditions possible.  As far as living in the forest.  If you have to ask for opinions from people who are familiar with it, then you do not have nearly enough experience.

Watch a few episodes of 'Naked and Afraid' and i believe you may just

change your mind.

• Adam D

I recommend a test run first, at your own home.  Don't eat or drink anything for the next 10 days.  No matter how thirsty you get, keep the faith.

a)  Your body generates heat through your metabolism.  If the sleeping bag insulates you well enough, that heat will stay in and you won't freeze.  This works well for you, since you're planning to live on Holy Spirit alone, just pray for more body heat too.

b)  Lots of people hike after turning age 60.  A number of people have climbed Everest after turning 70.  None of this will be a concern for you, since if you follow my instructions, you're going to die of dehydration about 4 days from now.

This is a cut and paste of an old question.  Ignore it.

• Tim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy-4NxJRxNQ

Youtube thumbnail

&list=PLmzQnnJU3BXmnohrwI3BYtYU9xF4VulU1

I have lived in the forest of the central Sierra Nevada mountains all my life. My people have lived here since some time around the last ice age. In my opinion, you will not be able to live on just the Holy Spirit. Even John the Baptizer lived on locusts and wild honey in the wilderness. There is also no reason to stop hiking just because you turn 60. You will however get old and maybe hurt that would prevent your ability to hike. You have no knowledge of the food and medicinal plants to make life better. Your sleeping bags keeping you warm will depend on your shelter. A tent usually won't permit an open fire for warmth and cooking and purifying your water. You will have to find a way to protect your stores from everything else that wants it, from ants other bugs up thru larger and more dangerous scavengers like bears and coyotes. I think you will quickly find yourself far out of your element, and packing up and returning to town for a shower and a meal.

Source(s): anonymous ndn

I suggest you get some wilderness skills. This is one I recommend and have been to, but they exist all over the US, Europe and Australia.

https://wildernessawareness.org/

Does your body have an hiking expiration date? Mine doesn't. I cut and carried a cord of wood 50 yards this morning with a friend. Brought it home, split and stacked it myself. Yesterday I split and stacked 3 cords. I do have a splitter I hit 60 a decade ago. I'll do some hiking when the snow melts.