is it safe to buy a used webcam on ebay? it logitech c920. I need it for work and prices have gone up super high?

Update:

I am specifically wondering if people can spy on me with it or is it pretty standard to plug and go with a used webcam?   just want to be safe!!!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

It is safe. I'm not sure what you are worried about.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

we have no way of knowing, do we? choose a seller with lots of sales and positive marks

• keerok
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I bought my webcam for $2. Brand new. You just have to go to the right store and I mean not in the mall or any super-computer chain outlet out there.

• 2 months ago

There is nothing in a web cam that can hurt your computer. They either work or they do not. They do not contain spyware and used or not if it bothers you unplug it when you are not using it. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • A.J.
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

There is a C920s and C920 HD Pro and both are in high demand.

Buying on ebay, domestic seller, is probably the safest way to buy items from private sellers. guaranteed by ebay, they are very honest, they favor buyers over sellers. Foreign sellers can be trickier to work with.

The item on ebay should be exactly as described and shown. Read details.

It is possible to hackers to access cams if internet connected.

It only happens if you become a target.

Laptops have little slide-covers you can buy.

People are stuck inside, many need video conference capability. Good webcams are in demand, and production in China is slowed. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.