he asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 2 months ago

I have a two stoke snowblower. i mixed gas and oil together. now winter is over i don't need it.?

is there a way to separate the gas from the oil?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

No there isn’t but if you put a stabilizer in the gas it should be good for next winter .

If you used premium gas you don’t have to do this .

I use nothing but premium gas in my 2 stroke engines since they starting putting alcohol into gasoline .

Regular gas has a lower octane and seems many 2 stroke engines do not like it . Hard to start .

If you do want to get rid of the gas it’s best just to burn in off in your snowblower 

• 2 months ago

Holy crap. If it is a gallon jug, take it to the gas station and pour it in your gas tank when your refill your tank. Just burn it up. 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • y
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Let it sit and gas will rise to the top. where you go from there is on you.

• 2 months ago

Nope put some Sta-Bil in it for next year.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I have used gasoline that has been mixed with oil for my lawnmower even after it has set over the winter. Gasoline in an air tight container doesn't degrade and if you just shake it a bit to be sure the oil and gasoline are well mixed you can use it this summer.

• 2 months ago

There is no practical way to separate they to cycle back. But it won't hurt your automobile one little bit to burn it in the gas tank one pint at a time. Just add a pint of it at a time at each fill up your engine will appreciate having some top cylinder lubricant they use marvel mystery oil all the time in the gas tank you'll be doing the exact same thing if you put a pint of 2-cycle gasoline with a full up

• Droopy
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Fire fire fire 

• Kenny
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Take it to a refinery .

• R K
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

no, there isn't..

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.