If religion was abolished all over the world, would the earth be at peace?

72 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

That situation (lack of Belief in God) is described here...

2 Timothy 

3:2 People will be self-centred and grasping; boastful, arrogant and rude; disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, irreligious;

3:3 heartless and unappeasable; they will be slanderers, profligates, savages and enemies of everything that is good;

3:4 they will be treacherous and reckless and demented by pride, preferring their own pleasure to God.

The Jerusalem Bible...

GOD is the very Definition of Good, as what opposes God is sinful...

. THE DEFINITION OF SIN

1849 Sin is an offense against reason, truth, and right conscience; it is failure in genuine love for God and neighbor caused by a perverse attachment to certain goods. It wounds the nature of man and injures human solidarity. It has been defined as "an utterance, a deed, or a desire contrary to the eternal law.

https://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/cat...

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

Not immediately, but after 10 or 15 years things would calm done, and if the young are not being brainwashed to believe nonsense, then it we would see a different world.  RE, the bible, it is filled with fighting, killings, slaughtering of people all because one group would not agree with the nonsense that another group believed.

• 2 months ago

Religion is an execuse. So, no, it is still exists in many places which is not about religion, like in East and Africa and others. It is a mistake you think Religion brings war, people use religion as an excuse for war.

• daylily61
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

Well said 👍

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

IT probably would as more people have died in some kind of religious war than any other reason and that includes the current one going on in the mid east.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

SORRY but the way of peace man has not yet learn.

• 2 months ago

No, it won't, because, in the countries where an attempt to outlaw or control religion was in place, the godless government tends to devalue life and individual rights. 

On the other hand, God tells us that we are his children, and from the time in the womb until death by old age, we each have a precious value that cannot be taken away from us.  Faith in a just Creator to whom we all are accountable amplifies the perception of the sacredness of each person. 

"I praise you because in an awe-inspiring way I am wonderfully made.Your works are wonderful,I know this very well.15 My bones were not hidden from youWhen I was made in secret,When I was woven in the depths of the earth.16 Your eyes even saw me as an embryo;All its parts were written in your bookRegarding the days when they were formed,Before any of them existed."  Psalm 139:14-16

When people try to take away that value, terrible results occur. Do I need to cite history?  No, you know that this is true.  I will quote George Santayana:  "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" 

Santayana was an atheist, but he learned his perception of the value of life from his childhood.  When people devalue others, measuring their worth in terms of money or power, the entire concept of life diminishes in value.

But the more we learn about the complexity of life, and even of existence itself, the more it makes sense that we were created by a God who not only values his creation of living creatures, but his justice requires that we also accept and reflect that value in our dealings with each other.

• ...Show all comments
    • Roberta B
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

and to reward your slaves the prophets and the holy ones and those fearing your name, the small and the great, and to bring to ruin those ruining* the earth.”

• 2 months ago

Nah, we would find some other thing to argue over like what end of the egg you should break, how do you pronounce tomato etc

• ...Show all comments
    • Roberta B
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

Like Dr Seuss's fable about two identical kinds of creatures, except one kind had a star on their belly and the other kind didn't.

• 2 months ago

Sin takes away peace.

How utterly foolish not to know this !

• ...Show all comments
    • Ernest S
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Really Antonius? You just make a fool of yourself. Denying sin asserts either moral perfection or no moral awareness. Problem is fools don;t realise they are being fools and saying such foolish things.

• Paul
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yeah, just like it is in China.

• ...Show all comments
    • Roberta B
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

Paul, have you seen the effort made there to take organs from political prisoners against their will for transplants, even to the point of killing them if the price is right? https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/china-forcefully-harvests-organs-detainees-tribunal-concludes-n1018646

• 2 months ago

Not completely, but nearly.

• 2 months ago

Dream on.  People would still fight over power and resources.

• daylily61
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

And without being able to claim religious differences as the reason for the fighting. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.