Why do vegans call their foods meat and cheese when it isn't real meat or cheese?

Because they're idiot's who crave real meat. They imitate actual real meat because their body's are asking for the real thing. Red sauces like tomatos that they make, means they crave animal blood, cheese white sauces, they crave dairy, beef patties that look like meat, they're craving steaks. List goes on. They're not suppose to have anything to do with meat being a vegan. The smell the look of meat etc but yet they copy imitate it 😂😂 complete delusion. Vegans need to listen to their instincts and eat real meat. They all strive for alternatives that actually taste and smell and look like real meat 😂 they need a slap with my Ribeye steak 

Most vegans don't call it meat per se. If it's a meat replacement, they either call it a meat replacement, or meat substitute. However as pointed out in one response, the definition of meat can be very broad. As for the cheese, some call it cheese, others either use the added definition of either substitute or replacement.

• polly

In an attempt to imply that they can substitute conventional meat & cheese products with their vegan versions for marketing purposes.

I tried vegan cheese once.

It smelled more like vomit than actual vomit does & when I attempted to grill it,I hit it with enough heat to liquefy steel & it still didn't melt

• polly

18% plant based cheese sales rise doesn't surprise me.The only people I know that are purchasing vegan cheeses are the ones following the lactose intolerance,low carb, gluten free trend.$189 million of a population of 8 billion is piddly $,especially when you consider how overpriced vegan cheese is

Only the chicken counsel legally requires companies to call fake chicken chk'n.

There's subtle things among it all if you're looking closely but suffice to say. I've never been fooled into thinking vegan roast beef was real roast beef, mainly due to the "vegan" in the name on the Moringstar box in the vegan substitute section of the store.

Because those names are familiar so we know roughly what to expect. I wonder why omnivores call pigs bacon and 

cows beef.

• Wendigo

The beef part I believe is derived from the word bovine. as for pigs, for me it's pork in general. As far as the bacon is concerned with me, if I don't eat any of it that's fine Besides there's also beef bacon, as an example, which those who are Jewish and some other religions, also calls bacon. 

Those aren't vegans really, they're just confused people.