I'm afraid that my future girlfriend will try to force me to have kids with her. How can I prevent this?
- wind_updollLv 72 months agoFavourite answer
Better have a conversation well before you’re involved in a serious relationship. Many couldn’t care less if they choose not to have a family, where to others, it’s a deal breaker.
- 2 months ago
I'm sure you'll find someone who likewise doesn't want kids. I am one of them. In fact, it blows my mind why anyone would want to bring children into this world the way it is nowadays. And now you have the covid-19 virus running out-of-control and killing lots of people and destroying the economy. Do you really think your children will have quality of life? If you do, then you're delusional.
- HelenLv 72 months ago
1. If you don't want kids, always be upfront very early on, with any girl you're dating. It's an important conversation that needs to be had in the early stages before you invest too much time and emotion on someone who isn't compatible with you.
2. If it turns out you have the conversation with a girl and you both want different things, don't continue to date in the hopes that one of you may change your mind in the future. There is never a guarantee of that, and one of you will end up with a lifestyle you never wanted and will be resentful.
3. It might seem obvious, but don't date or sleep with a woman you don't know well, or don't trust 110%. Not all women are trustworthy, and unfortunately, men do not have the luxury of their own birth control.
4. Join a dating site where you can specify your deal breakers and filter out the unsuitables. Although the majority of women do want children, there are many more opting not to. This was how me and my partner met, as neither of us want kids.
5. Always use protection.
Of course you can do all the above and still be unlucky - nothing can eliminate the possibility completely...aside from celibacy that is!
- PieroLv 72 months ago
Use condoms ALWAYS.
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- Anonymous2 months ago
Be upfront with the fact that you don't want children. If she doesn't then
up to you if the relationship is worth carrying on, if she does want children then you both know early on that you aren't right for each other.
- pit bulls biteLv 72 months ago
get a vasetomy and dont tell her
- Obi Wan KnievelLv 72 months ago
Cut 'em off. It's the only way to be sure.
- choko_canyonLv 72 months ago
How can you prevent what? Prevent her from doing that, or prevent yourself from being needlessly afraid of it?
- Anonymous2 months ago
She can’t force you to have kids with her just tell her you don’t want kids.
- DavidLv 62 months ago
Tell your girlfriend that you don't want kids. And then there is a 90% chance that you won't have a girlfriend.